American Rebel Car Club UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Lincoln

+3
Transam Kev
thirdgen
Bandit
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Lincoln - Page 2 Empty Re: My Lincoln

Post by BRYDENGTA Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:23 pm

Looks good mate, impressive work My Lincoln - Page 2 1267414485
BRYDENGTA
BRYDENGTA

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit Thu May 05, 2016 7:49 pm

Bought some high build primer from Jawel paints on ebay,it was pretty thin and didn't even hide any of the sanding marks.Proper crap paint,no wonder it was cheap.£33 for 4 litre plus 1 litre of hardener.Took 1200 mil to cover car.

My Lincoln - Page 2 IMG_1603_zpsanxk53le

So went to Autopaint Bolton and bought two litres of black primer,£30 including hardener.Put one coat on.took 600 mil to cover car and it hides almost all of the sanding marks with just the one coat.

My Lincoln - Page 2 IMG_1604_zps9go6nmxt

I guess i now know not to buy paint off ebay.
Bandit
Bandit

Back to top Go down

Post by thirdgen Thu May 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Like the value emulsion takes 20 coats .... Get good paint and its easier in the long run. Looking good. Kev are you watching .... Lol
thirdgen
thirdgen

Back to top Go down

Post by Transam Kev Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:31 pm

thirdgen wrote:Like the value emulsion takes 20 coats .... Get good paint  and its easier in the long run.  Looking good. Kev are you watching .... Lol
yes I am watching paul but only just seen the post . how is the Lincoln looking My Lincoln - Page 2 1267414485
Transam Kev
Transam Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:41 am

Transam Kev wrote:
thirdgen wrote:Like the value emulsion takes 20 coats .... Get good paint  and its easier in the long run.  Looking good. Kev are you watching .... Lol
yes I am watching paul but only just seen the post . how is the Lincoln looking My Lincoln - Page 2 1267414485  

It looks great in black with white top,i think so anyway but then i knew what it would look like as the first one i ever saw in the UK was that colour.It was 20 odd years ago and that was the car that made me want a mkiv.
The paint job itself came out really crap,my prep wasn't good enough.I had to scrape all the top coat off and doing that i managed to take bits of the primer off underneath.So there were patches that were bare metal and i just kept sanding until it looked smooth around those areas.I primered and it looked good but when i put the colour on you could see all the waviness underneath were i had gone to bare metal in places.Plan now is to do it again but go to bare metal doing one panel at a time.You can see from the pic that bonnet didn't come out too well.

My Lincoln - Page 2 IMG_1933_zps4x1dq0kd

My Lincoln - Page 2 DSCF3822_zpsy58oiate
Bandit
Bandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:44 am

We went down to Weymouth for a mid week break in july.While we was down there we went out to Poole,only car park i could find in the centre that wasn't short stay was a multi storey one,not good with a 19 foot long car.

My Lincoln - Page 2 IMG_1904_zps6tkqkvfy
Bandit
Bandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Transam Kev Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:50 am

Bandit wrote:
Transam Kev wrote:

It looks great in black with white top,i think so anyway but then i knew what it would look like as the first one i ever saw in the UK was that colour.It was 20 odd years ago and that was the car that made me want a mkiv.
The paint job itself came out really crap,my prep wasn't good enough.I had to scrape all the top coat off and doing that i managed to take bits of the primer off underneath.So there were patches that were bare metal and i just kept sanding until it looked smooth around those areas.I primered and it looked good but when i put the colour on you could see all the waviness underneath were i had gone to bare metal in places.Plan now is to do it again but go to bare metal doing one panel at a time.You can see from the pic that bonnet didn't come out too well.

My Lincoln - Page 2 IMG_1933_zps4x1dq0kd

My Lincoln - Page 2 DSCF3822_zpsy58oiate
does look nice black paint don't look bad in pics as a shine
Transam Kev
Transam Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: